An Instrument and control engineer – Design
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek, have the following characteristics and skills:
The Instrument and control engineer will co-operate with customer (E & I Engineer/ Supervisors/ Leads) leading the execution of projects within Onshore/Offshore/Pipeline/Industrial/LNG segments for trains driven by Gas/steam Turbines/Compressors and technically. Combining technical leadership and management skills, she/he will collaborate with extended Engineering project team and all other BH business functions supporting the project.
An Instrument and control engineer will be responsible for the Electrical equipment’s and Instrumentation design for Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine Driven Compressor and Generator applications, Electric Motors, Reciprocating Compressors and Turboexpanders. He/ She will have the opportunity to introduce new technology to enhance company profitability and productivity. He/ She will be responsible for maintaining and incorporating new cost-effective solutions for designs. He/ She should be capable and responsible to execute following;
- Plant Control System Architecture and Philosophy definition. Plant Control Panels Requisition Activities + Software Validation & FAT attendance.
- Station Control Panel Requisition Activities including Emergency Shut Down, Fire & Gas, Distributed Control System, Inputs to Unit Control Panel for plant functionalities.
- Electrical/Power Management System conceptual development and basic design. Control & Instrumentation engineering support for New Technologies.
- Introduction (Renewable, BESS, Hydrogen, CCUS)
- Selection of Control and On/Off Valves, Pressure Safety Valves, Flow Measurement Devices.
- Field Instruments Selection, Requisition & Installation Design, 3D Model preparation. design follow-up for Packages (Control Cab/E-House, Waste Heat Rec. Unit, Heat Rec. Steam Generator, Skids).
- Process Analysis Systems Requisition activities: Gas Chromatograph, CEMS, Water Analysis.
- Plant Fire & Gas design, Devices selection, Installation Drawings/Schematics, 3D Model.
- Plant Control Cables/Routing Design: Cables List, Interconnection Schematics.
- Cable Routing preparation.
- Name Plates and hook-up specifications for Electrical equipment’s and Instruments.
- Designing and tagging the Electrical and Instrumentation arrangements through the application of international standards ( e.g. ATEX, CSA, NEC/NEMA, IEC, etc).
- Instrument Project design Summary preparation.
- Modelling using 3D software for instrumentation loop arrangement based on installation condition.
- Designing and SMART instrumentation configuration against susceptibility electric and electromagnetic noise.
- Optimizing Electrical installation to standardize solution in collaboration with manufacturing department.
- Creation, update & Evaluation of P&IDs as per customer requirement.
- Preparation of list of Equipment/ Instruments/ Analyzers/ respective materials & I/O list, wiring diagram, primary and pneumatic hook-ups, ILD’s, Cable and tray layouts based on the P&IDs and vendor documents, Panel layouts, Instrument annunciator racks, Electrical hook-ups, Skid instruments, Various Oil Console/ local panel/ Start-stop panel instruments.
- On-site Electrical Tracing, Electrical connections, Site engineering support.
- Preparation of Equipment/Instruments Specification / Datasheets, Purchase Specification for all type of gauges and transmitters.
- Project Scheduling, monitoring, and control, and maintain OTD and Quality of the Engineering documents, timely execution.
- Design, Document, report preparation and Certification for (Must possess knowledge and work exposure on) Process Hazard Analysis, Hazardous area classification, Lighting protection system, etc.
- Should have Exposure on Control Logic preparation and Operating procedure writing.
- Commissioning spares, 2 years operations spare parts, Calibration kit requirement listing.
Competency/ Technical Skills:
- 10-15 years of Experience in instrument and Control Designing in oil and gas/petrochemical/power sector.
- Have proven working Experience in an engineering position for Instrumentation Engineering for Turbomachinery’s, Preferable: Gas turbine/ centrifugal compressor/ steam turbine/ Reciprocating Compressor / Turboexpanders.
- Be proficient in electrical and instrumentation design and related development tools; knowledge of industry code and standards.
- Have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; able to influence and motivate others.
- Be able to work in multi-cultural team and customer review meetings.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Effective team building, problem-solving abilities, and leadership skills.
- Standard tools required are: SmartPlant Instrumentation, CONVAL10, AVEVA Instrumentation, Aveva 3D
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering (Instrumentation is most preferred).
- Experience in an engineering position for Instrumentation Engineering for Turbomachinery’s, Preferable: Gas turbine/ centrifugal compressor / steam turbine / Reciprocating Compressor / Turboexpanders.
Work-exposure on Electrical/Instrumentation Safety aspects mentioned above.